CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 pkg (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c butter, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tsp teaspoon vanilla extract
APPLE CAKE BATTER:
1 c finely chopped pecans
3 c all-purpose flour
1 c granulated sugar
1 c firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground allspice
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c •3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c peeled and finely chopped apples (about 1 1/2 lb.)
CARAMEL PECAN FROSTING:
1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 c butter
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c powdered sugar
1 c pecan halves (garnish)
1. 1.Prepare Filling: Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended and smooth. Add egg, flour, and vanilla; beat just until blended.
2. 2.Prepare Batter: Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Stir together 3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in eggs and next 3 ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples and pecans.
3. 3.Spoon two-thirds of apple mixture into a greased and floured 14-cup Bundt pan. Spoon
Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake w/Caramel Pec
Cream Cheese Filling over apple mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edges of pan. Swirl filling through apple mixture using a paring knife. Spoon remaining apple mixture over Cream Cheese Filling.
4. 4.Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 2 hours).
5. 5.Prepare Frosting: Bring 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 3 Tbsp. milk to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until smooth; stir gently 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thickens slightly. Pour immediately over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans.