Total time: 5 minutes Makes: 2 servings
➜ What’s so brilliant about cocoa beyond its rich flavor? It is a good source of iron, magnesium, and zinc and contains almost 2 grams of fiber per tablespoon. But most importantly, cocoa provides flavanols, which help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and heart, and make platelets (the component of blood that forms clots) less sticky, which allows blood to move more freely throughout the body.
- 2 ripe bananas (preferably frozen), cut into 1-inch rounds
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 cup ice cubes Dark chocolate shavings, optional
In a blender, combine bananas, dates, cocoa, almond milk, almond butter and ice and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses or jars, add chocolate shavings on top, if using, and serve.