Searching for the perfect Cranberry Orange Bread recipe ever? This yogurt bread is packed with cranberry and orange taste and it’s excellent for the vacations. Use as a particular breakfast or lunch, this bread makes an incredible addition to any meal.
Why We Love Cranberry Orange Bread
- Scrumptious For Breakfast Or Dessert– I may actually get pleasure from a slice of this bread for breakfast or dessert, and generally mid-afternoon for a snack!
- Good For The Vacation Season – This scrumptious candy bread is a scrumptious mixture of candy oranges and barely tart cranberries, and is certainly one of my favourite recipes to make when cranberries are in season. This deal with is at all times welcome on a vacation desk, and is a superb recipe when you’re making treats for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Use These Seasonal Cranberries– Cranberries are solely in shops for a brief period of time! You’ll be able to freeze extras whereas they’re recent and in season to make this scrumptious bread all yr lengthy.
- Candy Glaze Makes This Extra Of A Deal with– The candy glaze is packed filled with orange taste and actually makes this loaf really feel further particular.
For the Loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 giant eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, recent or frozen, thawed and rinsed
For the Orange Syrup:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to three tablespoons recent orange juice
How To Make Cranberry Orange Bread with Simple Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease backside and sides of 1 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; mud with flour, tapping out extra.
- In a medium bowl, sift collectively flour, baking powder and salt; put aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly whisk the dry elements into the moist elements. In a separate bowl, combine the cranberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the loaf comes out with just a few moist crumbs hooked up. Let cool within the pan for 10 minutes earlier than eradicating loaf to a wire rack on prime of a baking sheet.
- Whereas the loaf is cooling, make the orange syrup in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Stir collectively the orange juice and sugar till the sugar is totally dissolved. As soon as dissolved, proceed to cook dinner for 3 extra minutes. Take away from the warmth; put aside.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes within the tops and sides of the nice and cozy loaf. Brush the highest and sides of the loaf with the orange syrup. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush once more. Let the loaf cool fully.
- To make the orange glaze, in a small bowl, whisk collectively the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the orange juice. The combination ought to be thick however pourable. Add as much as one other tablespoon of orange juice if the combination is just too stiff. Pour the orange glaze excessive of every loaf and let it drip down the edges. Let the orange glaze harden, about quarter-hour, earlier than serving.