An item that I am keeping an eye out for these days are large pots & urns that have a less-than desirable look for today’s home interior trends.
I found this big guy in another antique mall and it had been marked down 3 times before I decided to take it home.
Using my trusty black (Lincoln Cottage by Valspar) I mixed it with baking powder to thicken the paint & add a little extra texture.
I just kept mixing in baking powder until I was happy with the thickness but it was still easily spreadable.
Then I just painted on the mixture.
After covering the entire pot I took little handfuls of baking powder…
… And randomly tossed it around on different sections of the pot. I patted it into the already spread paint with the same brush.